Meet Author Nicole Weaver

Welcome to day 1 of the tour for Nicole Weaver



Meet Author Nicole Weaver- I am happy to share with you this information regarding a fine author who writes for children. Check this out.



I decided to write for children because I see a tremendous need for good quality books that portray children of color in a positive light. Additionally, I want to write books that can expose all children to a foreign language at an early age.



I lived near the beach in Haiti. There was a nesting site for sea turtles near my home; consequently sea turtles came ashore all the time to lay their eggs. My father frequently ordered the maid to make stew out of the turtles. I remember vividly how that devastated me. One day I came across a sea turtle while collecting sea shells, I wanted so badly to return the turtle back to the ocean, but much to my dismay I was not strong enough. My father and his brothers carried the sea turtle to the kitchen and had the maid make stew out of it. That memory propelled me to write a story about what happened on the beach so many years ago.



The story is written in English/French and Spanish side by side for the purpose of exposing young children to the three languages. I am a full-time French and Spanish teacher, I have used the book in my classroom to teach French and Spanish grammar.


Follow Nicole to day 2 here:

Comments

  1. Very nice site and tour. My grand daughter loves to learn new languages she is in 2nd grade 7 years old. It amazes me how fast she can learn a new language and remember it for weeks. Their minds are like sponges. Good luck, God Bless, Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole:

    Thank you for hosting Nicole today. Great interview. I always enjoying learning more author's and where their inspiration comes from.

    Best wishes to you both,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri,

    Thank you for hosting me today.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherie & Donna,

    Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to stop by and leave a comment.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tour! I love discovering new authors.
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, yes, yes! This is right up my alley! I collect children's books set in Africa, especially bilingual books. I'll look for Nicole Weaver's books, too. I don't have any books set in Haiti, and the French language is very precious to me. (Someday, I'll learn Spanish!)
    elliebeetle !at gmail !dot com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts