Thursday, December 1, 2011

I Have 30 Picture Book Ideas

I have been working on one picture book idea everyday for the month of November just as many of you have been. Why?
  • I love picture books
  • I think they are an important way for young children to learn and be entertained
  • I love the illustrations that accompany picture book text
  • I love the challenge of writing depth for kids with few words
  • I love a challenge
  • I need the encouragement this challenge brought this month
Will all my ideas turn out as published works? I am certain not. But I am going to work hard at developing at least a few of the ideas because they are good ones, they are original and I like them.

Visit http://taralazar.wordpress.com/piboidmo2010/ to sign up for next year and to find links to helpful information for those who write picture books. It is NOT a dying art. Children will always need picture books. So writers, keep writing.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Terry for sharing this information, I had never heard about PiBoIdMo.

    Although too late for 2011, I will be ready for 2012! :-)

    T Denise Clary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terri:

    What a wonderful accomplishment. You go girl! I'm so proud of you.

    Warmest regards,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Terri, picture books are not a dying art and I don't think they ever will be. My grandchildren love picture books, so stay encouraged and keep on blessing the children of the world with your art.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...