Writing Outside Your Comfort Zone

I have a confession. I am not good at doing things outside my comfort zone. I have a zillion ideas but when it comes to putting them on paper and finding my niche.... well, something gets in the way. I don't know about you but I think fear is my culprit. Fear that I can't be as good as others and also the fear that I can't repeat the process if I do get something published. What if they want another book? 

Well this is a New Year and I have grown as a writer. I have completed several classes, courses, and academies with the best teachers including Suzanne Lieurance and Mira Reisberg. Come on now, I know I can do this.

I have joined an excellent critique group which means I really must write something to be critiqued.
I have committed to the 21 day challenge with Shannon Abercrombie and I have my list of ideas from all those groupie challenges from 2013 that are screaming to become something important.
Finally, I have committed to working on a pattern book where a friend of mine and I will be designing patterns and writing fictional scenarios in a book about quilting and applique.

What are you planning for 2014 that may lead you to success?

Comments

Popular Posts