New Author Website





A website is an important part of being published and I have 3 new and one older picture book published. I also have a 4th book being published this spring. With all of the excitement, I realized my website needed an upgrade so I have a new author site. I am not good at promoting myself but I love the idea of promotion and I really love the opportunity to have an author site where I can actually sell my books. More to come but in the mean time check it out and let me know what you think.

In researching and finding just the right place to do my website I discovered 3 tips:

1. The website doesn't have to be expensive but it does need to be attractive.
2. It needs to be simple. The blog can be wordy and filled with knowledge to share but the website really needs to tell the audience what you have to offer. Period.
3. The website will only be a tool, the writer will still need to promote and share the website address and not rely on search engines totally for exposure.
4. The website is only one aspect of social media and an author does need social media in some form to assist the marketing of your work

I will let you know how a new site affects my writing success. Until then, keep writing.










www.terriforehand.com

Comments

Popular Posts