Welcome to Day 6 for Author Suzanne Lieurance-Children's author and Writing coach.

Day 6 - Become a Fan of Children's Author Suzanne Lieurance- I can personally say that Suzanne is the best writing coach I have worked with and her new book is a good example of her work. Suzanne has a knack for teaching and encouraging because she has been there and is successful. Read on to find out more about this children's author and coach, and make sure you check out the links to all the information she shares.

Welcome to Day 6 of my virtual tour for my book The Lucky Baseball: My Story in a Japanese-American Internment Camp. I hope you will become a fan of this book and all my books. I love to write both fiction and nonfiction for children and teens and I'm currently working on my 24th book. Here's a short description of The Lucky Baseball, just in case you haven't been following my tour or you've never heard of the book. If you're a teacher, school librarian, or a homeschooling parent, be sure to download the free Educator's Guide that goes with the book -- it's available for download at my website (URL is included, below).



About the Book: The Lucky Baseball: My Story in a Japanese-American Internment Camp


Harry Yakamoto lives with his father and grandparents above the restaurant they operate in Seven Cedars, CA. His prized possession is a signed baseball from Joe DiMaggio. As Japanese-Americans in the early 1940s, Harry and his family often face discrimination, but things get worse after the attack on Pearl Harbor. The Yakamotos are forced to relocate to the Manzanar Internment Camp, where they live in close quarters, eat meals in a mess hall, and share a communal bathroom. Determined to make the best of the situation, Harry organizes a baseball team and improves his pitching, thanks to a kindly guard who gives him some pointers.


To learn more about me and my books, please visit my author website at http://www.suzannelieurance.com/. If you'd like to have me visit your school or speak to your homeschooling group, or present at a writer's conference, you can see the various presentations I offer. You'll also find that I offer free 15-minute Introductory author visits via Skype.


Besides writing for children, I'm also a fulltime freelance writer and the Working Writer's Coach (which means I help other writers turn their love of writing into a career). You can find out more about my coaching, plus read articles about writing and the business of freelance writing, at http://www.workingwriterscoach.com/. I love to help other people learn to write for children and I get to do that as coaching coordinator and one of the instructors for the Children's Writer's Coaching Club. Be sure to learn more about the club if you're interested in becoming a children's book author yourself.


Every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday afternoon I host Book Bites for Kids, a talk show about children's books on blogtalkradio. To become a fan of my show, just go to http://www.bookbitesforkids.com/. You can even put a player on your site that will play the replays of my shows, so I hope you'll become a fan of the show.


Here are some of the social marketing sites where you can follow me:

Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/writerscoach

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/SuzanneLieu#!/profile.php?id=670396752



Jacketflap - http://www.jacketflap.com/profile.asp?member=SuzanneLi



Thanks so much for stopping by here today! Happy holidays!



Suzanne Lieurance

Comments

Popular Posts